Featured Walter, do you recognize this Italian Bunny?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tiquergirl06, Sep 30, 2016.

1. tiquergirl06

tiquergirl06 New Member

Hello everyone! I bought this rabbit at an estate sale. They didn't have any information about him.
    I know that he was made in Italy, he is signed G. Trento or G. Crento.
    Does anyone know his age or who made him?
    I have looked at soo many rabbits with no luck.
    He is 7" tall x 7 1/2" wide and is very well made.
    Thank you for your help.
    2012-01-02 19.01.24.jpg 2012-01-02 19.01.24.jpg 2012-01-02 19.17.54.jpg 2012-01-02 19.19.02.jpg 2012-01-02 19.02.02.jpg 2012-01-02 19.02.19.jpg

lloyd249, pearlsnblume and cxgirl like this.
  2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Tiquergirl, I don't know the answer to your question, but that bunny is EXQUISITE! What a face!

lloyd249 likes this.
  3. tiquergirl06

tiquergirl06 New Member

Thank you SBSVC. He is a very handsome rabbit with a great expression on his face!

lloyd249 and SBSVC like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Tiquer, there is a gentleman who posts here sometimes who is an EXPERT in Italian ceramics/pottery. His name is Walter Del Pellegrino, and he (quite literally) wrote the book on the subject.

If I might suggest, you might want to re-post your query with the title, WALTER, do you recognize this Italian rabbit?

If anyone would recognize the maker, Walter would!

lloyd249 likes this.
  5. tiquergirl06

tiquergirl06 New Member

Thanks SBSVC. I have changed my title.

lloyd249 and SBSVC like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

lloyd249 likes this.
  7. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with either signature. Its probably a fairly new piece and I just can't keep up with all the new rising stars. I'm more comfortable with the older artists of the late 19th century through mid 20th century

cxgirl, *crs*, dgbjwc and 4 others like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

But, my goodness, that is one handsome fellow!!!!! And, by the way, Tiquergirl,
    Hi and WELCOME!! You should LOVE it here!!! We also have a lot of fun while exchanging and dissecting information!!!! When posting pictures, 1MB is the size limit, 10 images per post, and when you upload the files, the very TOP IMAGE lets you click to "post every image FULL SIZE"....MUST DO (which you've already done!!). You also will find, most of the 'experts' here would like close ups, several angles, dimensions, and any other information you can provide about the object in question.....that should get you off to a great start!!! Happy Tiqueing!!!!!

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

He looks yummy ... err attractive. (kind of difficult to eat a ceramic rabbit, unlike the chocolate kind) My random guess is he's 1980s or later.

10. tiquergirl06

tiquergirl06 New Member

I apologize for the late reply. Computer problems.
    Thank you Walter for looking, and your opinion. I appreciate it.
    Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the rabbit! I agree with your assessments.
    And thank you for the warm welcome!
    I am sure that I will be able to find this handsome fellow a good home!
    Have a great day everyone!

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted