Featured Walter, Italian pottery platter by Tadinate, Bitossi Rimini Blue like, question

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by say_it_slowly, Jul 9, 2014.

1. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I have a 14" charger/platter that is similar to Aldo Londi, Bitossi Rimini Blue but made by Ceramiche Artistiche Tadinate. I found the website and google translation give me that the company was founded in the 1950s and is in production today.

I am wondering if this is a more modern re-creation of popular 50/60s style pottery or if this is actually an older piece. In hand it seems newish.

Here is their website but I wasn't able to find an answer there.
    http://www.ceramichetadinate.it/index.php

Perhaps someone else will know the answer or perhaps Walter will. Thanks so much!

@Walter Del Pellegrino

tadinate 2_edited-1.jpg tadinate 3_edited-1.jpg tadinate_edited-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Sorry, I can't be of help, but it sure is a lovely charger. Love the colours!!

tyeldom3 likes this.
  3. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

The company, located in Gualdo Tadino is officially known as Produzione Ceramiche Artistche Tadinate di Volpolini Valerio E C SNC (Production of Artistic Ceramics Tadinate of Volpolini Valerio and Company. This is a fairly new company with rather grand ambitions. They will accept commissions to create one of a kind art pieces for the art patron or a complete run of hundreds for commercial sale. The plate is certainly inspired by Aldo Londi and the Bitossi company. The Rimini Blu (correct spelling) glaze is, I believe, still sold by Bitossi' parent company, Colorobbia. This is really quite nice. What I like is the fact that all the work is still hand decorated and finished by craftsmen and craftswomen. I would imagine that this was rather expensive when it was purchased new.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Walter thank you once again for the very informative and well thought out response!

tyeldom3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted