Waterbury Button Co. Military Buttons

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by kraftblue, Sep 4, 2020.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Bought 9 of these buttons. They haven't been polished in years. What branch of the military?

button1.JPG button2.JPG button3.JPG button4.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Go check them out at the Waterbury Button Co., in Waterbury, CT!!!! I just tried.....well, that was disappointing!!! OK, SINCE a certain auction house won't post actual links very often anymore, here's where I saw what I think IS your button.........you can go there from the address bar....

@Bookahtoo ....if I shouldn't do this, please either pull it down or I will!!!!

MILITARY BUTTON.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm assuming Army. I have several from a great-uncle's WWII uniform. He was a major.

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. kraftblue

Thanks Aquitaine and Bakers.

5. kraftblue

I think my buttons are copper.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They might have been field uniform buttons - the shiny stuff was reserved for times no one was shooting at you. That's the Army emblem. Those may be WWI instead of WWII.

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have a ton of those because my mother and father were both in the Army in WWII. Evelyb is correct - the shiny buttons were on dress uniforms. Working uniforms have black or matte buttons so they don't reflect the light.

Draft saved Draft deleted