Waterford Mustard Pots - Patterns?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mansons2005, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have two Waterford mustard pots and I am seeking a pattern name for one and a confirmation on the pattern of the other:

Is this the Alana pattern:
    Flat knob on lid
    1-7/8" outside diameter at the rim
    1-1/2" tall

MVC-693S.JPG

MVC-695S.JPG

Any clue on this pattern?:
    No Lid
    1-1/2" outside diameter at the rim
    1-7/8" tall

MVC-699S.JPG

MVC-700S.JPG

Thank you!

2. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

3. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

4. Mansons2005

Wonderful! I have one correct.............or should I say

Woo Hoo! I got 1 right!

Thank You!

5. Mansons2005

Oh, boy, am I starting to feel like a real querd........youse guys are finding this stuff so quickly, and I have been searching for hours and hours................

But as I mentioned elsewhere, it never occurred to me to look in the Giftwear section................doh!

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Mansons,
    I remember the first piece of Waterford I ever bought. I got my first paycheck after my first real job. I bought an ashtray for 125 bucks. My first check was for 137 dollars. I had that ashtray for two years and could never find the pattern anywhere. I finally wrote to Waterford and pleaded with them to tell me the pattern. They were kind enough to write back with the info I needed. They said it was an apprentice piece. The guy who made it (one of a kind) it was his offering and the final piece of his apprenticeship. He then became a Master of Crystal Cutting. I still have that large ashtray after all of these years. It has a few chips on the edge and has not been used in 20 years now but I have forgotten his name.
    greg

pearlsnblume, komokwa, SBSVC and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted