Websites dedicated to antique photography buying and selling?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by khsmn632, Oct 7, 2021.

1. khsmn632

khsmn632 New Member

Does anyone know of any websites that focus on buying, selling, and trading antique photographs? I am hoping to find people from around the world that have antique photographs of Danish military men, especially CDVs and Cabinet Card photographs.

Thank you for the help.

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Some members here collect some of what you listed....you'll have to be more specific in what you're looking for.....

3. khsmn632

khsmn632 New Member

I am looking for cdvs, cabinet cards, and other photos of Danish soldiers, sailors, and other Danish military men. I am interested in any photos from the 1800s and early 1900s.

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

oolala, that's VERY special. I hope someone has an idea. will be hard to find a specialized auction house or seller.
    I'd start searching under different wars. Napoleonic, Schleswig wars, UN missions etc..

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I don't know of any sites specific to Danish military, but eBay has lots of listings for antique photos about almost anything. You might want to search some European eBay sites. I don't know where you are located, @khsmn632 , but I just searched the U.S. eBay under the category Collectibles>Photographic Images>Vintage and Antique (Pre-1940) and found a few possibilities. After getting the results from the search I clicked on Cabinet Cards at the left of the screen. One can also click separately on CDVs.

The search terms I used were "Denmark" "Military" and I also clicked the box to "include description." Including the description may bring up some less focused items, but there are not a lot of them in the first place, and you don't want to miss anything. If you do use eBay from an English-speaking country you might also try different search words. "Danish" instead of "Denmark," for example. EBay is searched by the native language of each country.

Fid and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted