Wedgwood & Co teapot mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Jan 29, 2020.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

There are a couple of these listed for sale on various websites, and they all date this mark to the 1860s. It could be the same person listing one piece on several sites. I'm hoping someone can help me verify. I found the White Ironstone Assoc website, but you have to be a member to see their reference info. I did find several random PDF files of their quarterly newsletter, but no matches to this piece was shown.

The mark reads "Wedgwood & Co." and "Flora". It has an oval detail that I can't quite make out - possibly a bird on the bottom? Thanks!

20200129_111341.jpg
    20200129_111100.jpg
    20200129_111133.jpg
    20200129_111225.jpg
    20200129_111255.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The surround for the mark looks like a "garter" - the "thing" at the bottom being a place where the "belt" wraps aroung itself in a knot.

UncleChuckTX and gregsglass like this.
  3. UncleChuckTX

Thanks! I can see that - and makes sense with the dots along the lower portion being holes for the clasp or buckle.

Bakersgma likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yup, Staffordshire Garter.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

Good grief - by searching with the period in "Wedgwood & Co.", google suddenly turns up a pattern detail sheet:

Flora by Wedgwood profile_Flora profile-page-001-300dpi.jpg

SBSVC, janetpjohn and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Belinda

Belinda New Member

I Have a wash bowl and pitcher, that looks like the tallest of the two in that one picture. Would anyone know how old this might be

7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

You know this is Enoch and not Josiah, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted