Featured Wedgwood Pitcher - Need help to date

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Oct 23, 2016.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I'm trying to figure out how old this pitcher is. I have looked at several sites that try to help you date Wedgwood and just find myself getting more confused. If someone can walk me through it on this pitcher I might start to get the hang it. It stands 4 1/2" tall. Any help is much appreciated.
    Don
    IMG_20161021_104549454.jpg IMG_20161021_104713309.jpg IMG_20161021_104721020.jpg IMG_20161021_104726694.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It was made between 1891 and 1908. England was added in 1891 and in 1908 Made in England was started.
    greg

CheersDears and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Greg! That is very helpful!
    Don

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

If you are on Facebook, check out a page called British Pottery & Porcelain. There are some big fans of the green Wedgwood that would love to see a picture of this.

yourturntoloveit and dgbjwc like this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

When my mother-in-law went into a nursing home, she parceled out her stuff. I got 125 teacup & saucer sets (!) a faux-Sandwich glass creamer & sugar and a green Wedgwood pitcher, none of which I wanted. The teacups got packed up and sent to her oldest daughter in Colorado and I traded the other items to her other daughter for a pair of copper luster creamers which I love. Everyone was happy.

6. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

Pitcher?

Looks like a jug to me ;)

Apologies, I still remember the comments on my infamous Its raining jugs post!!!!

7. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Collected Sage Green jasperware for a long time, Greg's already given you the dating - this is a fairly common piece, it's the #36 'Upright' jug (sometimes called 'Trojan'), the '36' refers to the number of pieces that fit on a kiln shelf, my #24 is about 6¼" tall...

wedgwoodjasper1.JPG

~Cheryl

dgbjwc likes this.
  8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Don's isn't looking green on my monitor, more tan or brownish. Cheryl's looks green but maybe it's my monitor.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i see the same........who's your eye doctor..??? :hilarious::hilarious:

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

My bad, folks! Although I actually blame technology. "IN MY DAY" all you had to worry about with light bulbs was wattage. Now you have to worry about soft, bright, glare, lumens (whatever the hell they are), etc. Anyway you are seeing the result of a light bulb that throws a yellowish light. I have since replaced it. The true color is a sort of moss green. It is not quite as green as Cheryl's picture. Sorry!
    Don

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is that a bright moss green or a dull moss green.........................:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted