Wedgwood Teapot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jinxer1978, Jun 7, 2021.

1. jinxer1978

jinxer1978 New Member

20210607_162026.jpg 20210607_161959.jpg 20210607_162032.jpg 20210607_162115.jpg 20210607_162051.jpg Im wondering if anyone has any info about this teapot? It one of my favorite pieces but i really know nothing about it. So if any wedgewood lovers out there know anything let me know thanks =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
    judy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It's a coffee pot, not a teapot.

Remember the kid's rhyme -" I'm a little teapot, short and stout"

judy likes this.
  3. jinxer1978

jinxer1978 New Member

thank you, my brother and had an discussion about if it was a teapot or coffee pot. And he said teapot as it has a strainer so ive been calling it a tea pot =)

4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Also, it is spelled: Wedgwood, not Wedgewood.

judy likes this.
  5. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

I had a tea set in that design a while back. It dates around 1900, the mark on the back is one of the Wedgwood 'Portland vase' marks. There isn't a name for the pattern, it just has a reference number which is that red script on the base (including the letter prefix). If I recall correctly it was a high quality affair with the enamels laid down by hand.

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  6. jinxer1978

jinxer1978 New Member

Its in almost pristine condition. I never thought about trying to find other pieces to the set, I guess i have a new project ( a very very long one )
    =)

7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

It could be a chocolate pot, I think chocolate pot spouts start up high like that. Coffee pot spouts usually start lower.

bercrystal and Bakersgma like this.
  8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

It's NOT a tea or coffee pot, I agree with MF: with the tall shape and that pour spout, it's a chocolate pot. Very pretty!

(EDIT: Without the strainer, I may be tempted to call it a hot water pot.)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    bercrystal likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

My enlarging programs DO NOT DO WELL WITH SMALL LETTERING.....THEY BOTH TEND TO DISTORT.....but it is readable.....barely!!

20210607_162115-standard-scale-2_50x.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted