Weiman Burled Wood Desk: Beautiful Mystery

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Pblanca123, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Pblanca123

Pblanca123 New Member

Linked from Google drive are 3 photos of a Weiman desk I acquired recently. They're not very clear photos, but I'm interested in a classification of the wood and the Weiman line/era (burled walnut, burled elm, etc.) so that I can begin searching for a matching chair, hopefully from the original line that Weiman may have manufactured or something very close.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WBSXN6AOqdbZgAIqad410E4NBrNIZ420/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8zmjbL9G2b6DeXiTlx0Q5FxGJf44mxQ/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GgpIQ0Dx9ddEYm0vh9-0nmTyOlyVPhef/view?usp=sharing

It may be French Country due to the acanthus leaves on the legs and the clawed lion feet, but that is all I can guess.

Thank you very much!

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Pblanca123 and Debora like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

We do appreciate the courtesy of uploading and post photographs as Full Image so they're easy for all to see.

Debora

Hachiko and Pblanca123 like this.
  4. Pblanca123

Pblanca123 New Member

Attached Files:

5. Pblanca123

Pblanca123 New Member

Ok. Good Point. Tried to upload earlier and it wasn't happening.

Hachiko likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's an improvement. Now would you be kind enough to go back and click on Full Image so they appear like this?

Debora

20201021_151251.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  7. Pblanca123

Pblanca123 New Member

Debora,

I clicked on each image to expand just now: was that the action you were suggesting? Not sure. (Not really familiar with anything but ordinary attachment of photos. Linking the Google Drive to the photos was a new one for me!) Sorry. Please advise if I need to do something further? Thank you, Catherine

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Catherine, it's really common for new members to struggle a bit with photographs. No big deal. What I was asking is for you to repost them as Full Image after you click on Upload a File. And do make sure they're right side up to. I've gone ahead and reposted the other two for you. This is what I mean. Now they're readily available for all to see.

20201021_151306.jpg 20201021_151329 2.jpg

Debora

9. Pblanca123

Pblanca123 New Member

Debora,

Thank you so much - that looks so much better! Next time I'll follow your/the instructions to the letter.

Catherine

Debora likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted