Weiman Tables Help with age and style, please

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by gauntlettgems, May 11, 2018.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

IMG_6697.jpg IMG_6698.jpg IMG_6693.jpg IMG_6691.jpg IMG_6706.jpg IMG_6707.jpg IMG_6702.jpg IMG_6699.jpg IMG_6700.jpg
    Hi, I was hoping someone could help me identify the age, style, and wood for these marble top tables. I tried looking up the number on the mark but nothing really came up. I read that they went out of business in 1968 and sold their building but could not find another table that matches mine to help me out. I am thinking these are a reproduction of a much earlier style if I go by the legs (I can only think of neoclassical but these don't look fancy enough?). What style are the legs? I know that the dovetails on the drawer means older but just how old? A piece has come unglued but is intact so this is veneer but would it be totally veneered? I also think there is a secondary wood on the inside bottom construction of the drawer and I forgot why this was done. Is it sawed oak? I am trying to learn and any help is very much appreciated TYIA

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Any Jewelry and gauntlettgems like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

These are mahogany veneer and your secondary wood is oak. 60s seems about right but possibly late 50s. Style is traditional but not a true reproduction of anything. Neo-classical fits as well as anything.

Figtree3, gauntlettgems and komokwa like this.
  4. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

thank you so much!!

Draft saved Draft deleted