Weird luck pottery set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gabatgh, Feb 27, 2017.

1. gabatgh

gabatgh Active Member

20161112_203712.jpg 20161112_203725.jpg 20161112_203736.jpg 20161112_203804.jpg Hi!

I'm new to your forum. I have a buddy who is not good with technology or the internet. He asked me to research this for him and his wife and that brought me here.

About a year ago they found a little lidded jar at a thrift shop and loved the coloring so they bought it. They assumed it was a pottery class thing due to the look of it.

Last week they were traveling and in a thrift shop they found a matching teapot and creamer! He said that the first piece was a sugar bowl.

There are no markings other than a "5" on the creamer bottom and a "W or M" on the teapot bottom.

Maybe someone here recognizes the pattern, or could direct me somewhere to help me find it? The wife really would love to get the whole set if there is one.

Thanks so much for your input!

Paul

20161112_203712.jpg 20161112_203725.jpg 20161112_203736.jpg 20161112_203804.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    What is 'Luck pottery'?
    -
    Please go back to edit and use the full image button for all your photos always.
    Thank you. :)

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im getting a modern Chinese vibe,but Im often wrong.Very pretty set none the less.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. gabatgh

gabatgh Active Member

No no.. "Weird Luck" as in they bought one piece in a thrift store, and a year later they found two pieces to match in thrift store in a completely different geographic region :)

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think this is a modern import. Similar to the kinds of things that Fitz and Floyd does but not as well done.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's fun that they found all of these this way. That sort of randomness makes things more interesting, whether modern imports or not.

KingofThings and gabatgh like this.
  7. gabatgh

gabatgh Active Member

I'm born and raised in NYC, now living in Berks County, PA for fourteen years. I've never heard of Fitz & Floyd - had to look them up...

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted