Featured Went a bit MAD with £4 at booty and am lost. Blue & white things

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by BoudiccaJones, May 8, 2022.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I, for some reason,went a bit Mad yesterday,and I spent almost £4 **faint** on these.

I just went Rogue. I am usually tight as all hell and as I know nothing about (anything except Sindy and punk) ceramics and stuff, I usually just leave it.
    BUT been looking at this particular part of the forum and it must have inspired me and things kept catching my eye. And 'twas sunny. Fatal combo.

The three white and blue ones were from my fave seller, a house clearanc-er, he just lets me have bags of stuff and usually cheap.

I maybe should do separate posts.
    I'm confused enough as it is.

I am only in for the education and even *I* can handle losing £4 ( eeeekkk) so my feelings aren't involved.

I can't tell if the blue and white ones are English, or not. I also can't tell if the bigger square one is brand new or vintage.
    Have got myself in a really confused state.

This one is approx five inches across the opening (13 cms) and approx 3 inches deep. I don't know why I don't have a pic of the front, I am sure I did one. I can do better pics if required x xx[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is much smaller,4 inches across the opening (10 cms) and 2 inches down (5 cms)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Any Jewelry, KSW, kyratango and 6 others like this.
  2. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

A bargain and most interesting purchase for £4.

I guess maybe Chinese or South east Asian. Maybe Kitchen Qing, the first bowl you posted has a bigger design on the side incorporating what seems like a house, is it possible you might picture that and include the photo of it. The Diaper rim on the cavetto of the first bowl is most resembling a trellis motif. I am not familiar with this particular motif, and wonder if it might be Kitchen Qing.

Common Motif's found on the cavetto rim of Chinese porcelain

Trellis Motif, Hex cell Motif, Fish roe motif, Ruyi (spearhead)Motif, etc in that order in pictures.

download (4).png download (7).png download (5).png download (6).png

3. BoudiccaJones

Many thanks, Francisco, gives me something to look for. My son's here and he takes all my attention,will have a good look when he goes and will attempt to take better pics xx

judy likes this.
  4. BoudiccaJones

I hope this pics are any good.

These feel divine,literally like an eggshell.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you @Francisco G Kempton
    xxx

I can take better ones if required,I can see these aren't up to scratch x

Born2it, kyratango, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  5. BoudiccaJones

6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

7. BoudiccaJones

House,well found. Thank you so much. That looks more like mine (I think ?) than the Worcester one,as well as not being marked
    It's a lovely thing, all three of 'em are, they feel nice! They're really tactile. Feel fragile. Know they're not in the best of condition but to have survived at all being as delicate as they are is bit of a miracle. They were upside down in a box,well three separate boxes actually

(Worcester is my neighbouring county, but doesn't seem to make a bit of difference,sadly. Never have found any.
    Not that I'd know what it was if I fell over it. Oh god I bet I've left loads of Worcester behind through ignorance )

kyratango, judy and Houseful like this.
  8. BoudiccaJones

Wow those words Liverpool Pearlware have opened up a huge rabbit hole. How fascinating.Thank you so much xxx

judy and Houseful like this.
  9. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I had one similar I found in a chazza that was identified by the people here, think one was OBB. I would have bought them for £4:)

kyratango, judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  10. BoudiccaJones

Am really grateful, I'd never have stumbled across this xx

komokwa and judy like this.
  11. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

Well done House. It did have a strange Trellis Motif i was not familiar with but other than that, I would be stumped on it. As Kitchen Qing has such a big range of ware, most unknown to me. Anytime I have doubts about something i chuck in the Kitchen Qing pile and move on ;( but i am very surprised this is english.

12. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Really good eye bou ;)

Nonus badus tatus at allus

Any Jewelry, judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  13. BoudiccaJones

Hark who's talking! Your eye is better than mine... great life though innit Charlie, treasure hunting x x

14. charlie cheswick

Makes the world go around :kiss:

Any Jewelry and BoudiccaJones like this.
  15. BoudiccaJones

XxxxXx <3 <3 <3 <3 XxxxXx

Wish we were closer to each other, we could hunt together. Though it may become a bit Competitive !

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    Any Jewelry and charlie cheswick like this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It astonishes sometimes me that you can still find stuff that's over two hundred years old hidden in a box of tut. Nice eye, bou.

17. BoudiccaJones

Thank you my lovely Mrs. B...I am so grateful that I live in a country like this,with so much rich history literally everywhere. You can dig a hole almost anywhere and discover some of our history. It's magical xx

KSW, charlie cheswick and judy like this.
  18. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Roman tile sherds in my back garden!

Any Jewelry, KSW, judy and 1 other person like this.
  19. BoudiccaJones

Innit wonderful? Though ofc,am not keen on them ole Romans.

Any Jewelry, KSW and judy like this.
  20. charlie cheswick

Twood be totally an amicable situation :)

AP_18051792685092_c0-134-3154-1973_s1200x700.jpg

Any Jewelry, KSW, kyratango and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted