Featured Westmorland Flatware and Weighted Candlestick Holders

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Jan 19, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Greetings everyone!

Today was a nice hunting day, I managed to find some nice sterling flatware and a couple of weighted candlestick holders. The flatware weighs 168 grams total and was hidden in a bag with some plated stuff. The candlestick holders are weighted, but it looks to be fairly thick (I'll find out tomorrow when I scrap them). Total price was $7.

IMG_0328.JPG IMG_0329.JPG IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0332.JPG

Figtree3, SBSVC, cxgirl and 5 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Quite a good buy, Nate. Did you get stuck with the plated flatware in the bag?

The Westmoreland pattern is interesting - they called it George and Martha. But it was actually designed for Wallace (by Henry Wallace) and they called it Hampton.

3. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Thanks Bakersgma and thank you for the info on the pattern. As for the plated stuff, yup I got stuck with it but I got the whole bag for $3 so no big deal at all.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Not bad at all!

pearlsnblume, MrNate and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Depending on the pattern & condition, the plated flatware might be worth looking into for resale. Some patterns do quite well especially around any holiday where there will be big family dinners.

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

that is a great score Mr. Nate! You might have to change your name to Mr. Silver:)

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted