WG Doric Cake Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by fenton, Nov 26, 2016.

1. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Doric1.JPG Doric2.JPG Doric3.JPG I would like to know if this WG Doric Cake Plate is scarce or easy to find? I could not find it on Ebay, Etsy or Ruby Lane.

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Hi Fenton. That looks like a wafer connection is it? There is a Westmoreland group on FB that may be a goo try. I do not know but it is different.

3. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Thanks George.

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

I think not necessarily rare but also not so common. It's not unusual to find cake stands with different colors of glass for the pedestal and plate. From my years collecting and tracking the pricing, I don't see that these mixed colors command any increased values; and the Doric Border with Lacy Edge is a fairly common pattern. The crystal and ruby is a very nice combination that should have special appeal for the holidays.

5. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Okey Doke----Thanks for the Info.

Draft saved Draft deleted