Featured What a day I had yesterday

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by gregsglass, Jun 10, 2017.

1. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

002.JPG Hi,
    A friend pleaded with me to go to a house sale. I did not want to go but he really begged. I went. I ended up with 40 different things I did not need. I'll show photos.
    I bought 8 Anisley cup and saucers, matching creamer and sugar and a cake plate in the Pembroke pattern. Two tall vases from the Franklin Porcelain company 1980. A wonderful serving handled tray from Evesham for my MIL. 6 sterling spoons from Canada souvenirs from Niagara Falls dated 1938. A hat pin from the 1920s. I thought was costume but the moonstones are real, the tiny pearls are real set in 14Kt gold. The blue sapphires I am not sure, I think they are lab created. Some other stuff I have not ID,d yet. Last night was sitting in a chair and became very dizzy, fell off the chair and broke 2 ribs. I am in such stupid pain and can not do anything. I knew I should have stayed home. I spent 30 dollars on such things that I do not need and now with this pain I am ready to end it all.
    greg

2. gregsglass

Hi,
    I found a Lenox bowl and a wedding picture frame. Talking about black amethyst I found a bowl and a wonderful Weller rectangular cameo rose vase from the 30s.
    greg

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm sorry Greg. That really sucks.

I hope you had fun for at least the time you were at the sale.

4. gregsglass

Hi Book,
    Thanks, I just hurt when I move. The woman's husband was a well known square dancer years ago. I forgot to get the 15 Bolo ties. They were sterling and semiprecious stones. I really liked the malachite one and I think the Indian ones were Navaho. They were 10 bucks each. There was a large pond sailing boat my FIL would have given his eye teeth for. I just was not in the mood to "collect" anything else. it always happens when I am not in the mood there are wonderful things, when I'm in the mood there is nothing.
    gfreg

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Some very nice items, but I am so sorry the day ended like that.
    Hope the pain goes away, or will at least be manageable. Take it easy, give your body the time to heal, no matter how much friends want to go to house sales or anywhere else. Let them spoil you.

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Oh Greg I'm so sorry you are injured and I hope it heals up quickly. :kiss:

I know the feeling of finding things one doesn't need but it does help if they are nice:). I was actually somewhat relieved that I found nothing yesterday while out thrifting. I need to either get busy and sell some things, gather more things up to donate or both.:sour:

wenna, judy, KingofThings and 2 others like this.
  7. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Great haul, but the fall was UNFAIR! I'm so sorry!

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I honestly don't remember where you are, Greg, but both my DH and I AND his brother all had the same nasty bug a couple of months ago, and since then we've been hit with what I'd call "random dizziness".....hits at random for a little bit then disappears for a bit.....just hasn't completely gone away....we're in central MA....the Dr. said the bug could last a couple of months.......what a PITA!!!!! So sorry for your fall and broken ribs....heal quickly, but get the rest!!!!!

9. KevinTN

KevinTN Member

10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Nice stuff,feel better soon Greg.Theres ALWAYS room for a few more pretties!

11. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

My oft-mentioned grandmother had a pithy quote for such ironic situations. "That'll larn ye!"

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Greg, you fund some lovely things, but I am very sorry you got hurt. Cracked ribs can be SO painful! Whatever you do, don't sneeze!
    Take care of yourself & stay cool.

KingofThings likes this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Geeze Greg...I feel terrible for you !!
    I hope you heal in short order !!!!:happy::happy:

Now , about the chair....SEATBELT !!!!!!
    & about the bolo ties......10 bucks a throw.....now I'm feeling REALLY bad !! :hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    KingofThings and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Greg..you have to stop that heavy drinking ....:blackeye::dead::jawdrop: LOL

Seriously..so sorry about your ribs....:kiss:

15. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Wow on the finds for $30 but what a terrible way to end the day. I hope you heal fast. Feel better soon.

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  16. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Oh wow Greg, I hope you feel better soon :(

PS, LOVE your kitchen table and chairs!!!!

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  17. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Rotten luck. Stay hydrated and eat foods w/ potassium, like bananas, and take a breather.

Great haul.

18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

And if you get a fit of buyer's remorse, you can always put that hat pin in an envelope and mail it to me....:cat::cat::cat: Hope you feel better. I was getting a little wobbly outside today myself, until I sucked down about a pint of water. This weather has a habit of doing some people in.

19. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon Greg.
    I wish I had a fiver for every fit of buyers remorse I've had...
    The trouble is we never learn from it :)

20. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

So goes the Universe's sense of humor! Get a great haul for a mere $30 and it knocks you off a chair. That's just not right. When you heal and the pain goes away, take another look at these items. They might look as good to you as they do to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted