What! Another Enormous Estate Sale, and this one is going to be two weekends

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by mmarco102, Oct 8, 2018.

1. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

14,000 sqft home in the Orlando area. If this keeps happening, the market is going to be so flooded, how does the saying go? "A dime a dozen".

Wonder if this is the effect we recently been reading regarding, "Your kids don't want your stuff"?

https://www.estatesales.net/FL/Kissimmee/34744/2023020

kyratango likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! I could only make it through about half of the pics & I am in total sensory overload. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I can not even imagine what it would be like to actually see it in person. :eek::eek::eek:

If anybody is in the area & is going to go to this sale you may want to check out the prices on the Beswick pig band (it is in the cabinet with the stereo), the Noritake Christmas Ball china (the gold encrusted stuff), the dishes with the blue dragon pattern & the table with all the vanity stuff (especially the perfume bottles in the back).

kyratango, mmarco102 and judy like this.
  3. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

Proves once again that money cannot buy good taste.

Bronwen, kyratango, mmarco102 and 2 others like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I honestly do not know how Floridians live, but to me THAT looks like someone (or many someones!) took and emptied out a few stores and very organizedly (probably not a word, but) priced up those items and are hoping for a bang-up sale of that..........STUFF????? I SKIMMED most of the images.....am now cross-eyed.......but didn't see even ONE item I thought in my WILDEST dreams I wanted or needed!!! Thankfully!!! AMEN!:D

Bronwen, kyratango, mmarco102 and 2 others like this.
  5. mmarco102

Amen! Even the furniture is blah. They had to truck that stuff in after the family moved out ;)

6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Woohhh, :vomit:so much waste of money in all these "bibelots":dead::facepalm: surely several hundred times the cost of really good pieces chosen with taste...;)

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

8. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Must be cousins of the one I posted but not the same quality level.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Patd

9. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

And again the paneling goes well with the stuff.
    B964013E-DA21-42C3-A516-8B54416DBA00.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    kyratango, Bronwen and NewEngland like this.
  10. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

I've got a theory that people who amass this much stuff are hooked on the thrill of opening a parcel and seeing something new. The thrill last about fifteen minutes and like a drug addict they need at least two or three of these fixes per day.

kyratango, Aquitaine and NewEngland like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they may have travelled a lot........

12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Tee hee....methinks you're giving them a couple of GIANT cruise liners worth of lee way, but be that as it may!!!!:blackeye::jawdrop::lock::muted::yawn::woot::wacky::rolleyes::D:D

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  13. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Not that I've acted rationally on this, but some years ago, when I began to think about selling off some stuff, I thought to myself: You have plenty of time; you don't need to do it yet. Then realized that when I do need to sell, a wave of other people will also be trying to sell the same stuff to a market that mostly isn't interested.

I think this is absolutely true. I believe that psychiatrists, when assessing a new patient, should ask whether the patient buys on eBay &, if so, what their feedback number is, especially if OCD is a possible diagnosis. The DSM should have a scale, rating severity by how high the number is.

14. mmarco102

[

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted