What are the odds of this being the same planter?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucashudd11, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Lucashudd11

Lucashudd11 Member

I did a lot of second hand shopping for planters this spring and came across the following planter (pics attached). I was curious about it so I did a google image search and found the following Tiffany Studios planter (same size - same relief): https://www.nadeausauction.com/prod...-from-the-antique-s113-1607-ht-4-in-dia-4-in/

What do I have here? I uploaded a shot of the same angle of the bronze for comparison. Clearly mine is clay, not bronze, and has been weathered to hell. It's actually kind of hysterical to see how it has lost details with so much weathering over the decades! bronze_version.JPG
    planter1(2).jpg planter3(1).jpg planter2(1).jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Both taken from the same source, but that's the only connection. The frieze looks familiar, but I can't pin it down.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted