Featured What Are Your Goals For 2021?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Seems like a good time to review 2020 and start thinking about goals and opportunities for improvement in the new year.

Your goals for 2021? Please share them below;

Despite all of the troubling events surrounding Covid-19, 2020 was a really great year for my collections and for gaining knowledge. I have been trying to take the time to study various fields of antiques and collectables through watching completed listings and browsing reference guides and I think the efforts are really starting to pay off since I am starting to see a lot more opportunities to purchase items at favorable prices. For 2021 I really want to continue that progress and further increase my knowledge in the niches I have been studying this year.

I also really need to start thinking about thinning the herd of some of my lesser pieces in the collection this year since I don't have the real estate to continue adding as I have been. Perhaps I can make a little money this year off of my discards and gain the willpower to only hold onto high quality additions.

For the first few months of the year at least I need to focus on surviving the pandemic so I and my parents remain healthy so we can enjoy the good times again when Covid-19 is in the rear view mirror. After a couple of rough years medically I am finally feeling like my old self and I want to continue that improvement and optimism into 2021. I am more confident now, less depressed, and feeling really good about what I contribute at work, in my hobbies, and in my personal life.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

3. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

-20Kg:bag:
    Stop binging:wideyed:

Joe2007, kyratango, TraceyB and 8 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Get my financial house in order.....
    but before that...
    not watch any program that reviews 2020 !

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Avoiding coming down with Covid prior to getting vaccinated. (And trying to stay sane, meanwhile.)

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Ditto what Lucille said.

My goal or wish is to try to stop being a worry wort. To find a new med that gets rid of migraines once and for all.
    Win the lottery... yeah right, I have to play it to win.

Joe2007, TraceyB, CheersDears and 5 others like this.
  7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Pick up my motorhome and drive it to my place;)

motorhome.jpg

oh and BTW

Christmas_GMC-1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  8. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

goats.jpg

Oh.... you said goals, didn't you. My bad. :rolleyes:

9. komokwa

Yes...Goals.......

upload_2020-12-22_23-5-5.jpeg

10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Simple:

Keep the ducks Quacking..........
    000_2901.jpg 000_5831.jpg

And the dog barking..........
    000_5925.jpg 000_5923.jpg

11. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

I'm with you!
    Get Covid shot/s before it gets me.
    Be able to hug my children again.
    Sold about 100 items this year. Need to double that number to continue lightning the load.

12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I never imagined calling getting a haircut a “Goal”, but I guess that’s one for me! :hilarious:

But more important being able to travel back to visit family. :(

13. komokwa

I met a guy today that I see around....every 8 months or so........1st thing he said to me...." so...yer cutting your own hair now , eh ! " :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Thritto.;)

15. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Get vaccinated soonest. Several of my over 80 neighbours have already been done and are SO ecstatic

PARTY. Go out, wear non bag lady clothes, maybe even venture to a supermarket. Mad fool.

The biggest thing will be being able to do things spontaneous and see the family and friends I've not seen since last Christmas.

16. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm with everyone saying make it to Christmas 2021.

I'm hoping that many will be vaccinated by summer so maybe Christmas (2020) in July with hugging family, finally.

I feel so lucky that I can isolate almost completely and go days (even weeks) without seeing a human. So my goal is to stay out of the way until this Covid thing is in the rear-view mirror so that I don't add to anyone's problem.

17. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I've never been a "goal" person.

But if I was, I'd say Health, Happiness and Family have been my goals and continue to be so.

Without health, happiness is difficult to achieve.

I'll agree with Pearls on winning the lottery.......but like her, I don't play either.............but my son does.:cat::smug:

SBSVC, Joe2007, bercrystal and 7 others like this.
  18. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

• Move from England to Scotland- it’s a better fit for me politically and a bit further down the candle religiously (trying to buy a house there now)
    • Get another pet. I have been pet-less since 2018!
    • Start a new career path, my old job was interesting but culturally not a good match.
    • Stay healthy and get vaccinated, so I don’t get either Covid-19 or any C-19 related illnesses (I like my hands and feet).
    • COLLECTING GOALS: anything anthropologically interesting! I’ll find the space!

19. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

bercrystal and Lucille.b like this.
  20. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

My neighbor is a retired hair dresser, luckily she cuts my hair whenever I need it :)

I'm not a person who sets goals much, especially not at New Years when everyone is making resolutions. However, during the year I do make to-do lists and try to complete everything on them. I got a lot done this past spring and summer around the house and yard because what else was there to do!

On my list for this coming spring is to create a new planting bed in the front and divide some overgrown Siberian irises and day lilies into it. It is a process for us, we live in an area that was once sand dunes so we have to dig out the sand and bring in soil or nothing will grow.

An ongoing thing I am trying to do is, as I sell off my lesser items to replace them with higher quality items to upgrade my stock. It's tough right now though because I usually find better items through house calls, and those are few and far between right now.

SBSVC, judy, Joe2007 and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted