Featured What do I have? Nomoco print? original?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lucille.b, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thoughts appreciated on this. I have four Nomoco watercolors (prints?) all different scenes. The set is sort of "library" or "children" based, they have a very light feel, fairly large format at 18 x 24".

Just showing a close up of one here, Signed "Nomoco" 5/18. (So not a date. Others are signed 6/18, etc -- we aren't there yet in 2018, so thinking some kind of numbering system?)

There is no shortage of info about Nomoco online (real name Kazuko Nomoto) She is a Japanese illustrator who has done many books, seems to have a following. Lots on Pinterest, etc.

NOTHING for sale I could find, anywhere. When found, these were in sort of temporary frames, plastic front and removable edges. Do you think a mock-up for some book illustration? Paper is a thick watercolor type paper, but almost feel that this is some kind of higher end copy of a watercolor, but could be wrong.

I wrote her website but did not hear back. Might just be another stumper, but thought I'd run it by the group. Original watercolors? Something w/resale value beyond decorative? Could always just list on Ebay and see what happens I guess -- would love to know what these were first though. Thanks.

nomo1.jpg nomo4.jpg nomo3.jpg nom1.jpg nom2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have no idea how to help, but those are very cool!

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

How perfect would these be in a kids room ?!? I love them ! Ive often run across artists who seem fairly well known with zero sales info.So then I guesstimate on decorative value. Wich these certainly have,and the colors look so fresh !

yourturntoloveit and Lucille.b like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Lucille, the numbering would suggest that these are signed prints, issued in a limited edition of 18 total each. You have the 5th out of 18 for one, the 6th out of 18 for another, etc.

5. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

http://pocko.tictail.com/

She seems to be represented by this site, but I’m not positive.

Search her name here. I think the numbers you have might indicate series of limited edition prints.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Was it this web site you contacted? They're her reps. Should be able to answer questions about work.

www.pocko.com

Debora

Lucille.b likes this.
  7. Lucille.b

Thanks everyone -- oh, maybe numbered prints. Didn't think of that for some reason!

Yes, I like them too. Very open and easy on the eyes. I also think would be amazing for a child's room or school room or library, maybe.

HT -- found one of her pieces by searching on that site, a giclee print (maybe what I have -- that might make sense) but noticed the one on the site did not seem to be signed unless they just didn't show that.

Debora, not sure that is the one I contacted. Can give that a shot.

yourturntoloveit and SBSVC like this.
  8. Lucille.b

Okay, normally it would take me several days to email a company -- not my favorite thing to do since I'm not exactly sure what to say.

However, today I just composed an email in 5 minutes and did it! Why so quick and efficient? ....Because it is easier than doing my taxes!!! (Procrastinating.)

Will post if I get a response.

I realized why the numbering system confused me at first. So I have 4 prints -- numbered 3/18, 5/18, 6/18 and 7/18. Wasn't clear about that when I described these. So initially wondered if it was some kind of series or something.

We'll see if I hear back.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm having a hard time seeing these as prints, and not a numbered series of original watercolors.....maybe for some publication....or a exhibit....for sale...

Lucille.b likes this.
  10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I agree with Komokwa. I think there were 18 watercolors in the series and you have some of them.

komokwa and Lucille.b like this.
  11. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

I love them!
    I think same as Komo and Bev, watercolors of a serie of 18:)
    And I love your terracotta floor too ;)

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted