What do you think of the value of these headboards and foot boards?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Orsolya Kovacs-Jones, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Can anyone also tell me more about them? Thank you! bed 5.jpg bed 1.jpg bed 4.jpg bed 3.jpg bed.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

How wide are they? Twin size mattress?

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Yes, twin size, 36”

4. Bakersgma

Really only useful for kids, then? You have the rails that connect front to back?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. We do not have any rails.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Do you have any idea of the age and origin of them?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

I'm not really a "furniture person." They look kind of 30s to 50s to me, but wait for others to give their (probably more knowledgeable) opinions.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

We do not do values here most of the time because a lot things factor into value.

You don't have the rails so that is a real problem. How do they get put together without the rails? Where do you live? What does furniture like this sell for in your area.

There are no easy answers. You need to research furniture sales in your area for not complete beds to find out about value.

Christmasjoy, popsycat and patd8643 like this.
  9. Thank you!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

You CAN try checking on Ebay, but be sure to scroll down after entering your information, and check off SOLD listings, for a better idea of value. Am tagging two of our furniture guys for style/age of them..... @verybrad, @Ghopper1924 ?? can you help here?? Thanks!! And sometimes, replacement side rails can be found........

11. Thank you so much!

12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

The others may not check in tonight, but I think they will tomorrow!!

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the footboards look like grave stones.......:eek:......just sayin !

without the rails.....tough sell !

Ghopper1924 and popsycat like this.
  14. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with a 40s date. A very hard sell here in the Midwest, particularly without rails. These would likely end up on the burn pile at the local auction. At retail, under $50.00 each. A handy person might want them to convert to benches. Like this.....
    [​IMG]

15. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Art Deco era, nice veneer on the headboards, agree with the others on 1940s date. Also agree on the hard sell, especially without the side rails, although you can buy new metal side rails that will at least make the bed frames functional.

Just IMO, with prosperity in the U.S. in recent decades we all know that folks have become...um...."beefier.' So......Queen-size beds are the new twins, and king-size beds are the new queens. So that makes twin beds even less salable. I wish the news was better......

16. Thank you so much!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  17. Thank you!

Aquitaine and Ghopper1924 like this.
  18. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Might consider connecting the headboards together for a king-size headboard, or just suggesting it in a sales description as an option...

~Cheryl

19. We will, thank you

20. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    They sell frames that convert anywhere from twin to king. We have my other half's grandparents bed which is a full and had it converted to a queen. We have the sides stored away in the attic.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted