What do you think on this small knife

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Zeppelin78, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

36B14A0D-024D-4ED3-BC8A-A14EB426920E.jpeg 08D9C825-975C-48F2-91DE-2B2057314706.jpeg 0B57F16D-A9F2-412D-81BF-2216DCCC287C.jpeg 1CE0FE19-51FE-4140-827B-C7CC8D8E6403.jpeg 3C6F63F6-8BA8-4CCB-8AB4-1BACAB4F4B8D.jpeg 1CE0FE19-51FE-4140-827B-C7CC8D8E6403.jpeg Hello again everyone I got this little knife a couple weeks ago and I was surprised when I opened the knife it had a Inscription on the blade that says Horace golden illusionist so my thought is that it must have belong to him at one time ..so I came here to see what all of you think do you Believe it once belonged to him or some kind of souvenir that you could get I wasn’t able to find anything like it and the inscription looks hand done. Tell me what you think. The knife also has a tricky Way to open it took me some time to figure it out. Thanks Matt. 1CE0FE19-51FE-4140-827B-C7CC8D8E6403.jpeg

Bronwen likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I believe it says Horace Goldin, Illusionist.

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Does this have 2 different maker's names on it or is that an illusion? Does moving the little button toward you release the blade?

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. Bronwen

Someone once sawed me in half in a bank lobby.

all_fakes and blooey like this.
  7. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Whoa doggies!!! Were you sliced horizontally or vertically?

Did he give you your severed toes for a lovely (or at least interesting) necklace and/or bracelet(s)?:rolleyes:

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Bronwen

With a power saw, no box, across the middle. :dead:

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  9. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The Horace Goldin, Illusionist on the blade was acid etched,probably a number of them made.

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

He was also a salesman early on, and also became the Illusionist, so he probably made a bunch of them..... just an aside....the 'heel' of that knife kind of looks like a bottle opener.....but not knowing if that would be 'age appropriate' either......OR if that's even what it IS!!!! OR maybe it's just part of the 'trick' to opening the knife!!

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Zeppelin78

It has some sort of a roller inside so when you hold down the blade and turn it a certain way the roller moves and unlocks it and when you want to close it you hold the blade down and turn it the other way and the roller moves back in place and locks it. Thanks everyone for the replies.

12. Zeppelin78

I figured a souvenir as well but since I couldn’t find any other ones I thought maybe it was his personal knife ...

Draft saved Draft deleted