Featured What in the antique animatronics!?!?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by CluelessFarmBoy, Dec 3, 2021.

1. CluelessFarmBoy

CluelessFarmBoy Active Member

kmc_20211203_024131.jpg kmc_20211203_024137.jpg ..... are these hideous creatures??? Just uncovered these in the attic during an estate clean-out.....they are very old and very creepy, they both have motors with little gear arms and whatnot in the base and they both have electrical plugs coming from them, very old electrical plugs, possible bakelite backers.

I'm sorry but these are the only photos that I have right now as I was just trying to get out of there so I didn't take a lot of time, I will be back later today and I'll take more detailed photos and probably pull the other two out of the attic because there is four total, my first thoughts after seeing the ancient motorized gears and whatnot in the bases was that of old B horror movie animatronics / props.

I have not tested them or plugged them in or thoroughly inspected them although one of them did have what appeared to be a very old either price tag or just tagged with the owners name.

I will take more pictures today, but until then, any thoughts?

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

be very careful with old electrical toys........
    they look dried out and ready to immolate......:eek::eek::jawdrop::jawdrop:

3. CluelessFarmBoy

They look like they're ready to chase me into my dreams and turn them into nightmares....

4. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Thumper and friend after the fire in Bambi...... poor babies ! Look like store displays for Easter that have seen much better days .

5. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

Zombie bunnies. Try plugging them in outside....... with a very long extension cord.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHAHA!!! But it looks like someone was feeding one of them!! HOPE you show us all four of them!!!!:):)

CluelessFarmBoy likes this.
  7. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

How cool - I'd strip all that crappy "fur" off of them before plugging in just in case there's a spark. Best of luck on them working..............

8. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Yes, nightmare bunnies!

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Looks like something from Pet Cemetary... yikes

10. dude

dude Well-Known Member

They give new meaning to "dust bunnies."

CluelessFarmBoy and Isy Jay like this.
  11. Isy Jay

Isy Jay Member

Save them for Halloween next year

12. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Somewhere out there, a goth/horror nut is saying "I WANT THAT."

14. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Aww, they're so sad and crippled and pathetic, they're lovable. They belong on the Island of Misfit Toys.

15. Bookahtoo

I'll bet you any money that the rabbits on ebay have complete children's heads inside their fur. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

CluelessFarmBoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. CluelessFarmBoy

Have not researched these yet, just finished unloading my trailer and took these photos, sorry it's dark out and my phone is crap. "Silvestri Art Manufacturing Company" special order animatronic bunnies, easter I presume. kmc_20211204_201350.jpg kmc_20211204_201245.jpg kmc_20211204_201012.jpg kmc_20211204_201006.jpg kmc_20211204_201233.jpg kmc_20211204_201148.jpg

bercrystal likes this.
  17. CluelessFarmBoy

Found this archived NY Times article from 1964... kmc_20211204_203525.jpg kmc_20211204_203520.jpg

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  18. Bookahtoo

They must have been so cute!

bercrystal and CluelessFarmBoy like this.
  19. CluelessFarmBoy

Well I think I should probably clean them up, oil them and see if they work, if these can be fully restored and if my math is right, they should be worth about $2,000 plus a piece!

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted