Featured What is it? 6 panel paper thing

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by tyeldom3, Jun 3, 2016.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Each panel is about 10 3/8" x 5 1/2". Made of some type of thick paper, I think. Moves into different positions and will fold up also. What is it, pretty please??!!
    b1.jpg b2.jpg b3.jpg b4.jpg b5.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Best Answer
    Or.....likely it's just this.................$5 US.

Lokta Amogshiddhi Buddha Paper Lamp Shade NEPAL is handmade using Lokta Paper, natural dye colors and screen printed by hand. This lamp shade can be applied to the glass hung under many designs of ceiling lamps. Beyond its practical purpose, significant emphasis is also usually given to decorative and aesthetic features.

Nepali handmade paper is crafted in the traditional way from the bark of Daphne Cannabina, commonly known as LOKTA among Nepalese, an under-storey shrub which grows in the middle mountains of Nepal. Handmade Lokta paper crafting is an ancient art that has remained unchanged for over 2000 years. Handmade Lokta paper is acid free and environmental friendly. It is extremely durable and that is one reason why government offices in Nepal are still using them for all the official documentations.
    Our Crafting families has been using these beautiful handmade papers for picture framing, lampshades, art supplies, book making, displays, wall paper and many other wonderful and greeting purposes.

Material: Lokta Paper

Size:
    25 cm H X 18 cm W
    10"H X 7"W

Weight: 90 grams

[​IMG]

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/268115215/lokta-amogshiddhi-buddha-paper-lamp?ref=market

3. komokwa

lamp shade...

4. tyeldom3

Thanks Komokwa, that was my first thought, but how would it work as a lamp shade? It's rather flimsey and moves in position. How would it sit?:confused::)

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

I would put it on the table with a candle in it...

6. komokwa

It could have been held in place with a metal skeleton ....maybe....

[​IMG]

7. komokwa

Best Answer
    Or.....likely it's just this.................$5 US.

Lokta Amogshiddhi Buddha Paper Lamp Shade NEPAL is handmade using Lokta Paper, natural dye colors and screen printed by hand. This lamp shade can be applied to the glass hung under many designs of ceiling lamps. Beyond its practical purpose, significant emphasis is also usually given to decorative and aesthetic features.

Nepali handmade paper is crafted in the traditional way from the bark of Daphne Cannabina, commonly known as LOKTA among Nepalese, an under-storey shrub which grows in the middle mountains of Nepal. Handmade Lokta paper crafting is an ancient art that has remained unchanged for over 2000 years. Handmade Lokta paper is acid free and environmental friendly. It is extremely durable and that is one reason why government offices in Nepal are still using them for all the official documentations.
    Our Crafting families has been using these beautiful handmade papers for picture framing, lampshades, art supplies, book making, displays, wall paper and many other wonderful and greeting purposes.

Material: Lokta Paper

Size:
    25 cm H X 18 cm W
    10"H X 7"W

Weight: 90 grams

[​IMG]

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/268115215/lokta-amogshiddhi-buddha-paper-lamp?ref=market

8. komokwa

You can hit me with a " Best Answer" , if you think I'm spot on!! :):):)

9. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

to which 'you' are you referring? ;)

KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  10. komokwa

I think only Tye can give a best answer , click on the ol' link...

I've tried to give it to others when it wasn't a thread I've started...with no success !

But as for YOU , you.....you can give me a smiley face....and make my day !!! :kiss::kiss:

KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  11. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

:) here ya go!

"click on the ol' link...." suuuuure, I think you're just trying to trick me into giving you the best answer award, aren't you?! ;)

But ... I'll nominate you for giver of the best answer so far on this thread ... how's that?

cxgirl, KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  12. komokwa

13. tyeldom3

Here ya go Komokwa!!:hilarious: Give yourself a big pat on the back, LOL!!!!
    No really though, thank you so much!!:)

KingofThings and komokwa like this.
  14. komokwa

15. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

duh :)

LoveTheHunt! and KingofThings like this.
  16. komokwa

17. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

open and shut, komo
    :)

KingofThings likes this.
  18. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Best Answer seems to be as rare as the teeth of hens. :chicken::p
    Does anyone ever use it?????????????
    Besides me?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    lloyd249 likes this.
  19. komokwa

I thought I did ???
    Now I'm unsure.........but you're right...it's almost never used.

Thank you !!!!!!

lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  20. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It looks like "Best Answer" has been used four times, total, in the last two years. I think we should use it more. Except, what if there are 5 answers that are good? Can it be given to more than one person in a thread? (I'm guessing that it can, just as "Like" can.)

Did the giving of "Best Answer" cause Komo's post to repeat? I see it twice in this thread.

lloyd249 likes this.
  21. komokwa

It highlights the post and repeats it just under the OP.
    Only one best answer is allowed per thread.

lloyd249 and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted