Featured What is this autumnal silver plate pattern called?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Marko, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I can't identify silverware patterns to save my life.

Does anyone know the name of this Wm. Rogers pattern? I fell in love with it and would like to find more. Thanks. FORK.jpg

SeaGoat, cxgirl, wenna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. Bakersgma

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I have no idea if that is right or not but I can't but respect anyone who knows their way around those millions of US silverware designs.

They never really caught on in the same way in Britain. About half a dozen designs covers all you'd be likely to see. Fiddle and thread is considered a bit daring and radical over here.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

i got it---- I googled "oak leaf roots silver plate pattern" It is Charter Oak made in 1906.... pretty popular, but not too easy to find cheaply. Thanks!!!!

6. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Wow, Bakersgma, those older patterns are stunning!!! Thank you for this link!

yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
  7. Bakersgma

AF - I've been doing IDs for a long time and fortunately have a photographic memory for things like this. I also own the 2 most definitive pattern ID books, both of which are organized by maker. That really helps cut down on the page flipping.

8. SeaGoat

SeaGoat Well-Known Member

I like that one a lot!

Its masculine and feminine

9. ScareBear

ScareBear The real ScareBear

Well, someone has a glass company pattern problem with your name on it. I identified it as Fenton or Bellaire just to wash my hands of it, because OMG I thought no name tables were hard. But if anyone knows it's gma. Cuz mine would know about her genuine antique no name stemware (she does)

Draft saved Draft deleted