What is this beautiful piece used for?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mayra Acosta, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Have this beautiful piece but I don’t know what it’s used for? I was thinking maybe a jewelry box for a vanity? B06FB20B-D2B1-4F6E-99EC-2C6EA22F8DDC.jpeg 98A2517C-24CE-4CEF-8326-7857F782C905.jpeg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Dresser Jar, powder.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Before we had central air, there was a lot of dusting powder sold. I found an unopened box of Chanel No.5 and sold it on ebay for $150. I would normally have passed it by, but it was at Mom's. Sorry to hijack the thread, but...I did.

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

That was my second guess? Is there a difference between the two, this one has kind of a metallic layer in the inside, maybe that’s it. Although it’s interesting to know. Thank you!

5. Eric Haefli

Eric Haefli Active Member

Aren't most or all of these dresser jars part of a larger set of china that included a tray, hatpin holder, candlestick holders, hair receiver, and that kind of stuff?

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted