What is this drawing that screamed "Buy Me!" to me?

Discussion in 'Art' started by ulilwitch, May 13, 2019.

1. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

I saw this in the basement of an estate sale. I stared at it for quite a while thinking, " this is so pretty." I walked about 3 ft from it and turned back and picked it up. They only wanted $2.00 for it so I bought it. I cannot make out a lot on the drawing because I haven't figured out how to take it out of frame. Thought I would show it first to see if anyone was familiar with this type of drawing. The signature looks like PAS. facing the picture the left side reads "the art of" but the rest is under the frame. Facing the picture the right reads "An advil plant?" Just thought it would be fun to look at. anvil plant.png anvil2.png anvil3.png anvil4.png

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's one of those newer crappy metal frames...
    u have to pull out the metal springs pushing down on the board and then unscrew the bottom screw on two opposite corners and the image can then slide out.

While the image has a decidedly South west native look to it....
    it may also depict a wise old woman emerging from a females private parts...
    but I'm a little randy at the moment....so that could just be my mood talking...
    :playful::playful::playful:

3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

um, your pictures are not helping solve anything ... too dark, too blurry, too glary.

That said, to me it's very 1980s ... not by, but makes me think of Susan Seddon-Boulet ... very "visionary art" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visionary_art

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Fid, komokwa, aaroncab and 3 others like this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

[QUOTE="While the image has a decidedly South west native look to it....
    it may also depict a wise old woman emerging from a females private parts...
    but I'm a little randy at the moment....so that could just be my mood talking...
    :playful::playful::playful:[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I thought the same thing.

Christmasjoy, Fid, judy and 3 others like this.
  6. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

when female private parts start to talk to you, watch out ! you may feel a wind.

Draft saved Draft deleted