What Is This Lamp?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bluebutterfly55, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Hi all!
    I have a lamp that has been in my family since at least the 1950's. It possibly is older than that and may have been inherited by my mom from my grandmother, because it definitely has a very "antique" look (vs. having a 1950's look or style). I looked all over the lamp to see if there was any sort of name or brand, but can find nothing. I don't know if the cord is the original. I looked on the cord and the prongs of the cord with a magnifying glass but could only find some very faint lettering on the prongs that looked like AICW but not sure of those letters because they are quite faint.

The lamp portion (the white glass) measures approximately 10 inches in length.

The lamp looks like milk glass somewhat but it seems thinner or not as sturdily made. I have no background in this area, so have no idea.

The switch on the lamp on the base is a simple switch that turns to turn it on and off. The switch no longer works, so it doesn't work as a lamp anymore. If I sold it on Ebay, I would list it as a vintage decor item only. Also, when it did work, the lamp got VERY hot to the touch, so I don't want it being used anymore for lighting.

The bottom of the base of the lamp is some sort of felt material or covering. It is quite thin material.

So, does anyone know who made this style or type of lamp? It seems rather unique to me. Thanks for any input as to what it is or the value

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Hobnail kinda marriage of glass & brass..........Neat-O !!!

upload_2019-6-7_14-22-20.jpeg

i need help and sabre123 like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

This is just a guess as this is not my area. But I wonder if the milk glass part is from Fenton. Maybe it is a marriage of different bits and pieces.
    Wait for the experts.

i need help likes this.
  4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Something like this would do much better if you had a pair. In terms of the switch, that is an easy fix. The heat part can be fixed with using a low wattage bulb...to set the mood.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted