What is this pattern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarah harrod, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Sarah harrod

Sarah harrod New Member

2. Sarah harrod

Sarah harrod New Member

I've looked all over the Internet i have found similar but not the same .

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

we have books....remember those...:hilarious:
    it may turn with some help here....;)

Sarah harrod likes this.
  4. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

Might be in replacements.com.

Sarah harrod likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's not a book ? :hilarious:

Where did all the tea cup lovers go?:oops:

Duprey likes this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Sometimes these cups & saucers are not part of a pattern. They could be sold as part of a tea / coffee / dessert set or just cups & saucers for those that collect them.

7. Sarah harrod

Sarah harrod New Member

Thank you for your replies everyone as I know nothing about these things at all. I would love to know if they're old or new too? I have only just got interested in them after picking up a coffee set and another trio in charity shops 1524407236273-474526867.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  8. Sarah harrod

Sarah harrod New Member

This is the trio 1524390783433-743259131.jpg

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi and Welcome Sarah - it's a bit difficult to date these sets. Most came out after WWII and continued up into the 1990's. If I had to guess I'd say 1950's to 1960's. It was the era of bridge parties and social teas where a hostess would use this type of set to serve coffee and little cakes and/or cookies to her guests. There are likely no more pieces available than what you have except for possibly a teapot.

My mother informs me that the cups and saucers were not used at bridge parties. While the cookies were served, highballs were the drink of choice. But then again mama always ran with a fast crowd.

These were not open stock items so did not need a pattern name. Unlike full china services you couldn't go to your jeweler or department store to order replacement pieces. As no replacements pieces could be ordered pattern names were unnecessary.

Hope this makes sense.
    Don

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    judy, Sarah harrod and komokwa like this.
  10. Sarah harrod

Sarah harrod New Member

It does thank you very much

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted