Featured What pattern is this custard glass candle holder?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Jun 29, 2019.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

@gregsglass probably knows this one. I just knew it was custard glass. Paid a whole quarter, so wasn't worried that it was only one of a pair. Took it into a dark corner and hit it with the blacklight and... kerblam.

DSCF1938.JPG DSCF1941.JPG

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I have a set of those. I think the Mckee Laurel pattern is very under rated.
    It is very pretty, even selling it in jadite is very hard.

judy likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Like I said, I'm into it for a quarter, so what it's worth isn't much of a problem. I'll probably rehome it later.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I sold so many back in the days. I loved the Laurel pattern. Did find that some of the candlesticks were the lovey custard but some of them had a brownish tinge to them and did not go well with the custard..
    greg

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My favorite is the delphite mckee laurel. I have some pieces here, mostly serving dishes and they are exquisite. I don't use them, they are for show.
    I also have a sugar and creamer in laurel but in a custard color.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted