What's Up With This Teapot?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Jul 1, 2020.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

A while back I posted this teapot, it's Chinese...I put it out on FB Marketplace. Why would someone offer $5 more then what I am asking? Is this important?

yix1.JPG tea12.JPG

judy and Bronwen like this.
  2. kraftblue

I should add that even though they went to the wrong spot to meet, they were really insistant they come today, but I didn't want to wait 45 more minutes.

Bronwen likes this.
  3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Some people are nitwits

janetpjohn likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  5. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can't read that, it's not a modern day character, could be seal script or another character of an era in between. Though not one I am familiar with.

It's a very nice looking pot all the same and I'd likely just buy it outright myself.

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
  6. kraftblue

7. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

That's a hard call to make from a photo. It looks in extremely good condition for its age, if it is ancient. There's also no sign of patina that I can make out in the photos. However, there wouldn't be if the teapot was treated carefully and cleaned often enough.

Are there no other marking anywhere on the outside or inside? Under the bottom of the pot or under the lid for instance?

8. kraftblue

Draft saved Draft deleted