Whats wrong with my Meissen Ebay listing ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by chongi, Mar 7, 2021.

1. chongi

chongi New Member

I listed my Meissen porcelain swan but I think I need help

What do you think is wrong with my listing ?

Meissen Swan Listing

judy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What comparable sales did you use to determine your asking price? Did you find any that were actually sold?

Ce BCA and judy like this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Photograph quality doesn't reflect asking price. IMHO

4. Bakersgma

Description is totally inadequate.

5. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

The photographs make me think it’s a cheaply made item, particularly the thick gloss. There is no history given for the item (date and location of production; cultural background). Take high res photographs in natural light against a pale blank background and explain why it’s worth so much, though I am not convinced at the moment that it can realise what you’re asking.

komokwa, Ce BCA, judy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Agree with the others points, in order of severity as I see it:

1. Trying to sell a relatively high ticket item when you have no feedback/history.
    2. Trying to sell an item from a factory of which many fakes and reproductions are made without demonstrating you have any knowledge of the subject.
    3. Title inadequate, description totally inadequate.
    4. Pictures need significant improvement.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but you are very unlikely to make a sale until you address these points.

7. Bakersgma

Your listing does not "sell" the item. You need to do as Van Poperin has said - why should anyone but this?

8. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I think it's all been covered but the photos are dark and do the item no favours at all. Use all twelve photos whenever possible. The description is too short. There is no mention of other examples of this model or the name of the modeller or the date it might have been made. You need to research the item full before simply listing it as a Meissen piece. It is very likely a genuine Meissen piece. Here is an example sold by a leading UK auction house. That was slightly damaged but sold for £80

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 16.41.24.png

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Harsh..........not at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted