Featured When in Doubt ask the professionals

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KEVIN AIREY, Sep 4, 2022.

1. KEVIN AIREY

KEVIN AIREY Well-Known Member

Hello all, Anybody familiar with the maker & wording on this large glassware? (3rd picture)
    Many Thanks !!!

upload_2022-9-4_15-41-31.png

upload_2022-9-4_15-41-43.png

upload_2022-9-4_15-41-56.png

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks like it reads Da Murauese oro 24/KT. Perhaps a designation for the decoration. In the Murano style 24Kt gold? Perhaps Bohemian in origin?

KEVIN AIREY and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Kevin.
    da Muranese? Italian for (Glass) in the manner of Murano? 24kt gold is separate, imo. It seems to me to be Italian glass, not Murano but in the Murano manner/style.

(I'm no professional:shame:)

KEVIN AIREY likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The enamelling is in the style of Murano gilding, so after the manner makes sense. Using kt as a spelling isn't European, albeit oro is Italian.

It certainly isn't Bohemian, I can't think that they'd claim Murano style, given their own history of fabulous glass and gilding.

Gut feel is it's Middle Eastern, and specifically Turkish. Or thereabouts. Some makers are doing this very ornate OTT stuff for domestic markets and souvenirs.

verybrad and KEVIN AIREY like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted