Featured When was this Vintage RCA Victor 45 RPM Record Display used

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by ddtburg, Nov 12, 2017.

?

It's older than 1960.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ddtburg

ddtburg New Member

Can you please tell me how old this display and where it was used? I'm guessing it held 45 rpm records for sale but when? I've looked all over the net and can find a similar item. I'm sure it won't take long for someone here to tell me about it.

DSC00642.JPG DSC00653.JPG DSC00656.JPG DSC00854.JPG DSC00857.JPG DSC00862.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like an early store display..
    I'd say 50's....

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

45s were introduced in '49. Since that is made of wood, I would agree with Komo that's it probably earlier - 1950s. (but that's just a guess)

4. ddtburg

ddtburg New Member

Thanks, that was my guess on time frame. Has anyone else seen one like it?

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

My guess is 1949. RCA came out with the first 45 records in 1949. Retailers were encouraged to promote them with signs, displays, etc. The 45s became wildy popular and soon every recording company was pumping them out.
    Since this box would not hold that many records - I'm thinking this was an early display when RCA had a limited number of recordings.
    For the first couple of years, each genre was pressed in a different color vinyl. Cool, huh?

moreotherstuff and judy like this.
  6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

With the curved design, very pre - mid 50's. As others have said - looks like an early piece, '49, '50.

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted