White glass bead necklace - Made in France

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ce BCA, May 26, 2021.

1. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

This necklace came with a very random assortment of non jewellery items. It's just base metal and glass, but before I put it in the donate pile does anyone recognise the work? The clasp is offset so I guess they wanted it to be visible while being worn, and the droppers from the 'flower' are also asymmetric and offset. Stamped 'Made in France' to the clasp, no other markings.

IMG_20210526_192123081.jpg IMG_20210526_192132444.jpg IMG_20210526_192143427.jpg IMG_20210526_192154032.jpg

Branka likes this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Google Louis Rousselet. I’m not familiar with this clasp but his glass bead necklaces are usually marked made in France. Not that his are exclusive to that stamp!. Are they reactive to UV?

kyratango, Ce BCA and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the name, I do see some with similar clasps, I will see if anything else ties up more specifically.

They are not UV reactive.

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

They are lovely. Much too nice to donate unless it’s your favourite charity!

Ce BCA likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That would be in my Hoard pile. Or in my Donate to Poor Drooling Joolies pile. Or something.

Ce BCA likes this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I think Haskell used these decorative back plates. But then so did others.......:confused:

Ce BCA likes this.
  7. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

That looks very close thank you. I have found some using the same beads, same connections and similar stylistic elements, so if not by MH then certainly takes influence from her work.

Draft saved Draft deleted