White & green jade beads

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by tyeldom3, Jun 4, 2014.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

I bought a big lot of mostly junk jewelry a few weeks ago, and slowly going through it. Found a baggie with these jade beads. Maybe they were on a bracelet that broke? Anyway, I don't know much about jade. Is this good jade, or junk jade? Just need to find out if they should go in the junk pile, or the keep pile.:chicken::cigar: Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.:cat:
    DSCN1692.JPG DSCN1693.JPG DSCN1694.JPG DSCN1695.JPG

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. Bridgets628

Bridgets628 Member

I dont know about their worth, but if you do some searching under Jade donut beads, you will find many. They are used for earrings, bracelets, pendants etc...

tyeldom3 likes this.
  3. tyeldom3

Thank you bridgets! I'll do that now.:happy:

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They'd sell loose too.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  5. tyeldom3

Thanks evelyb :happy:
    There appears to be some pretty big differences (price wise) in some of the jade pieces I see like these. Does it depend on color? How does one know the quality of jade? I'll probably just list them with low starting bid and see what happens.
    You all are great and thanks for the help.:cat:

6. sch3gsd

sch3gsd Well-Known Member

The color does have something to do with the value as does whether it is nephrite or jadeite. Jadeite is rarer and more valuable. My WAG is that these would be nephrite but I'm certainly no expert. I would think the jewelry makers would snap these up. Good luck with your auction!

tyeldom3 likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Some of the value depends on color. Some is translucency. Some is just the visual appeal. I know just enough to get into trouble and not enough to really help.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  8. tyeldom3

Thanks so much sch3gsd & evelyb. I truly appreciate the help and education.:kiss:

Draft saved Draft deleted