White Pottery USA Retangular Planter - STUMPED

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Nov 12, 2018.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

white rectangular planter window box pottery $_57.JPG white rectangular planter window box pottery $_57.JPG white rectangular planter window box pottery s_57.JPG white rectangular planter window box pottery eee7.JPG Off White Pottery Rectangular Fluted Ribbed Planter Window Box
    - found one that has an inscribed USA on the bottom but mine is not marked. We found one that had a Van Osdell's Leavenworth, Kansas foil label - could only find a Van Osdell's Flowers & Gifts so am thinking they may be a distributor

Flower box features vertical ribs on the bottom half with a smooth top portion. It has two concave curves/indentations on each long side and one concave indent on each end - a nice visual touch as the sides could have been made straight. It stands 4-3/8" tall and measures 5-3/4" wide by 3-3/4" deep.

Any help with the maker is much appreciated. white rectangular planter window box pottery.JPG

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  3. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

4. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Bumpity Bump. Do you think this is McCoy???

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Kaudet, I recently posted an "unknown" USA planter, and Don ( @dgbjwc ) was able to ID it for me as BRUSH. Perhaps he can help with yours, too (?)

i need help likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up @SBSVC . I'm leaning towards Shawnee for two reasons. First, the periods between the USA.are typical for that pottery. Second, they used those curved corners on a lot of their designs. I can't say for sure though. I checked my book but didn't see this particular design. There is a Facebook page on American Pottery Identification that could probably give you a definitive answer.
    Don

UncleChuckTX, i need help and SBSVC like this.
  7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Don! You're the best!

dgbjwc and i need help like this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

We all are the best!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted