white swirl snack/tea plate and smoky blue glasses--any ideas?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sak, Jul 18, 2022.

1. sak

sak New Member

Hello, in the ongoing downsizing I'm trying to ID a lot of my mom's things. She has a set of white porcelain snack/tea plates that have swirls throughout the plate (not just the rim). Very thin gold rim. Stamped 'JAPAN" on the back, no other marks.

Also has about 36 dark navy/smoky blue goblets, in two sizes. No marks. Probably from the 1960s or 70s? any pointers to try to date?

THANK YOU!

Attached Files:

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

For future reference, AFTER you have your images loaded, but JUST BEFORE you hit 'post' click the VERY TOP image that says to "Insert every image as FULL SIZE".....it helps all of us to help you!! Thank you!!:) Oh, and could you post an image of the back stamp??

IMG-1667.jpg

IMG-1668.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. sak

sak New Member

Thank you so much for the tip! I am new here :). Let's see if I can do it right, here's the back of the swirl plates. image_123927839 (5).jpg

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Nice work!!!:singing::singing::)

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I can't help much, but the shape of the goblets does remind me of some that my mother bought in the late 1960s.

Draft saved Draft deleted