Whitefriars ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

Have had this vase kicking around now for a while not too sure if its Whitefriars of possibly Dartington the colour is brown.Size is 7 x 7 inches. P6040559.JPG P6040560.JPG P6040561.JPG P6040562.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Certainly not Dartington and I don't think Whitefriars either. They did make triangular bowls but the profile is all wrong on yours: too high and too asymetrical, not broad enough. And the brown they made, cinnamon, is a richer colour.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. Ownedbybear

5. Brubaker50

Sorry bowl I have another which is whitefriars got confused writing discription heres the other one . P6050563.JPG

6. Ownedbybear

That's definitely Whitefriars, it's a lobed one, I think smoke. It's very heavy, yes?

7. Brubaker50

Very heavy Whitefriars bowl yes , the one I'm looking info on at the top has an identification number which is B1762 but haven't found a reference to it yet.

8. Ownedbybear

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Brubaker50

THank you for that I checked the Kosta Boda site and it could be Elis Berg the B has two lines like a backward E possibly and the number 1762 thank you.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

You're very welcome.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Brubaker50

This is the letter and number on the bottom of the bowl B1762 , the B has two lines going backwards I dont know if this mean signed by Elis Berg who worked for Kosta .His pieces were signed with a B that looked like an E backwards and the production or model code which might have bee four digits.Thats all I have been able to guess at anyone knows anymore could shed some light and P6060574.JPG P6060575.JPG thank you for all the replies.

Draft saved Draft deleted