Featured Who made this deep blue/purple English Lustreware vase - signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by OldWhitby, Jul 28, 2022.

1. OldWhitby

OldWhitby Anything Old

This vase has such a deep reflective lustre glaze that it is hard to take good pictures. It is a bit over 9" high. The fruit and leaves are all outlined in gold which doesn't show up. It has an impressed 'Made in England' mark with the no. '31' with something in front of it. I'm assuming the impressed blue squiggle is some sort of signature.

Image301.jpg Image302.jpg Image303.jpg Image304.jpg Image123.jpg Image127.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't know !
    But..
    3rd pic down.....having your own image emblazoned on the vase..... that's cool !!!
    :playful::playful::playful:

Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Early 20th, air brushed and lustre and almost impossible to attribute. So many factories made these.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

What I could do by inverting & enhancing doesn't change what you already knew, sorry..........

Image127-A.jpg

bluumz likes this.
  5. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Burleigh have a lustre pattern very similar to that but the base and marks aren't the same as the few I've seen.

It is awfully close though.

6. OldWhitby

OldWhitby Anything Old

Thanks everybody for your input. It all helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted