Featured Who made this matte green bulb planter bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Joan, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

Can anyone identify the maker of this large (12.5" diameter) matte green pottery bowl? The bottom only has an impressed number that looks like 058, hand written letters (ARN?), and what I'm thinking is the original price of 2.20. There are also what look like rust marks inside that I haven't been able to remove. Does anyone know if there's a way to remove them?

GreenPotteryBowl-2.jpg GreenPotteryBowl-1a.jpg GreenPotteryBowl-4.jpg GreenPotteryBowl-6.jpg GreenPotteryBowl-5.jpg GreenPotteryBowl-7.jpg

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

judy likes this.
  3. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

Thank you for that link. I searched for other examples of Bauer pottery, but didnt find anything quite like mine. It seems he mainly used somewhat shinier glazes. My bowl has a very dull/matte glaze.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Lots of companies made similar. Would look to an Ohio pottery..... Brush, McCoy, etc.

Joan and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

Thank you verybrad. I did find one on eBay that looks like the same unsigned bowl/planter in a smaller size (7") identified as McCoy, Brush McCoy that sold for $10.49. I also looked up the company history, which said some pieces were unsigned and just had a paper label.

Draft saved Draft deleted