Featured WHW Hagenauer Warrior figure

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KSW, Apr 30, 2021.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I spotted this in a charity shop display case on a glass shelf, craned my neck upside down to see the underneath and Bingo!
    I am lucky enough to own a (albeit damaged :rolleyes:)Hagenauer horse and this is the first time I’ve ever spotted WHW in the wild! I hope it’s legitimate, the stamp looks good :nailbiting: WHW and Made in Austria.
    Approx 6.5cm tall.
    At £4 I was very willing to take a punt on it .
    What do you think please? :bag:
    Thanks for looking :)
    803C029B-F968-417C-A8FE-4164EAB47084.jpeg 9CE8EEC3-43D1-40B7-A63F-23D8C56BF73A.jpeg D764960A-65DC-4275-9EEA-4BFD24C634E8.jpeg FF558F13-F958-43C5-AB92-E5E4D3A9B3C9.jpeg 0D8F9FD2-683B-4C83-9DB6-4C104BBEE199.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. Any Jewelry

4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thanks AJ!
    Looks very similar, slightly different shield and headdress. Hopefully there were variations on the theme.

5. Any Jewelry

He made many different African themed figurines, some very elegant, other with more humour, like yours.
    Would love to see your Hagenauer horse.:)

6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Appreciating that there are two of those and they are probably larger but am I reading that right as €2000?....
    Also appreciating over priced retail but :woot:

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

He was packed away when the children were little as he is fragile and needs surgery when I can afford restoration but it is this one.
    Sadly missing his original base so stamp has been lost, cracked knee, bent ear and badly mended tail!
    Not going to be a cheap restoration if possible at all but I love it.
    4A0645E5-0F3B-4B20-ACBC-F2FEBBCCECEC.jpeg
    Obviously this isn’t mine, image off the web.

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

That thrift piece is a score! No reason to think it wouldn't be the real deal in my mind. Well found!

pearlsnblume, Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
  9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

10. Any Jewelry

Even if yours is damaged, it must be beautiful!:happy: The one in the photo is stunning!:jawdrop:

pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It is :shame:. An early eBay purchase from the days when other people could see what you had bought. I had someone contact me saying they missed the end of the auction and would I sell?
    Err...(from memory around £35)....That’ll be a No then!. I didn’t know what I had bought until a bit later. WHW pieces are my Holy Grail!.

12. Any Jewelry

:smuggrin:;)

pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted