Windsor Bifocals antique

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SeminoleNative, May 26, 2023.

?

Anybody know the manufacturer date on this.

Poll closed Jul 14, 2023.
  1. 1920

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1910

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1900

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1930

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SeminoleNative

SeminoleNative New Member

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME @SeminoleNative, Great to see you got your image posted in the Gallery!! It's always best to then, or directly from computer or phone, to post them full image in the forum you want them in....Eye glasses could be tricky!!! One of the Moderators can move them if they think there's a better place!! I'll post them here for you.....ooopsie....also each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB.....I resized it down for you....

IMG_20230525_181233.jpg

3. Aquitaine

Just in case you haven't been perusing the site before signing up (not required at all, but many do!), here is some help in posting images from a computer or an android or iPhone.

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" AND Happy Hunting!!:):) Others should be along with more help with manufacture.....you didn't see anything on either side of the nose rim???

SeminoleNative likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

5. SeminoleNative

SeminoleNative New Member

Windsor on the bridge. Just trying to find date when the bifocals came out. And thanks for the notes.

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Since this is the pottery and glass board, can we assume the lenses are glass? But, seriously....

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at 2:35 he posted pics to the Gallery..... if anyone wishes to look there..

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

If they were mine, I would take to an ophthalmologist for analysis.

10. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor and in most cases would not know anything but modern types of bifocals. An optician might know something about them,but modern training is lacking in many areas.

Figtree3 and SeminoleNative like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Actually, I just looked and see there are some better photos there. By now, @SeminoleNative has probably looked at the link that Hollyblue posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted