Wm. Page & Co. Silverite spoon

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I was trying to find the age of this spoon, but there isn't much info on Silverite.

IMG_8008.jpg IMG_8009.jpg

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I checked both Rainwater and Davis & Deibel just in case, but since this is one of the "no silver but looks like silver" alloys, neither book has any mention of either Silverite or W P & Co.

I would expect the worthpoint description of "likely early 20th century" to be as close as you'll come.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I finally found a site that says they changed from Wm. Page & Co. to Wm. Page LTD in 1936 so it's prior to that, but probably not much more so. I think there is a set of 6 of these so 5 are floating around somewhere. Ran across this one in another box of 'junque' from the attic. Demitasse spoons I think.

5. Bakersgma

Oh. British, then?

6. Bakersgma

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

SBSVC likes this.
  8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Fig, I've been using that one for several years. You can find some of the most arcane old marks there! I love the fact that you can look up makers by "type" of symbol, too - like BELL, ANIMAL (type...), HANDS, etc, etc, etc. (Not for sterling, of course...)

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It does look really very useful! I don't look up many of these types of things but I know that others here do.