Featured Wonderful Art Glass Pitcher w/Bowl Kralik? Italian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Dec 15, 2022.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I am leaning towards Kralik/Bohemian but it could be Italian or Spanish really doubt it though. There is really good honest wear on the bottom so these are not new pieces. I have seen 'tadpole' decor on some Kralik pieces before but would like to know what you all think? The pitcher is approx. 5.75 inches in height and the matching bowl or cup is 2.75 in. IMG_7597.jpg IMG_7598.jpg IMG_7599.jpg IMG_7600.jpg IMG_7595.jpg IMG_7596.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I agree it's not new. I don't think Kralik or similar though: the tadpoles/peacock trails haven't enough finesse, if that makes sense. Handle is way too chunky as well. Gut feel is 60s or 70s.

David Kiehl and laura9797 like this.
  3. laura9797

Thank you. So possibly Italian.....

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Might be Spanish or perhaps French. The colour combo is called Georges Sand. Much French glass was made in it.

johnnycb09 and silverbell like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

6. laura9797

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember stuff like this in the 80s,and for some reason I want to think Scandinavian/Finnish ? I love them.

pearlsnblume and laura9797 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted