Featured Wood table with Japanese Bowl insert

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Malkim62, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Malkim62

Malkim62 Well-Known Member

He everyone. I'm going to apologize for the horrible pics up front and hope for the best. I'm not with the table and relying on someone else for them. Any information at all that might help with our search would be great. We're trying to get as much as possible for our dad, who's moving into assisted living soon. Sure the screw in the center isn't helping any. Thanks for any help at all.

Dale

table1.jpg table2.jpg table3.jpg table4.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

wow , that's a big bowl !!!
    is that a piece of glass on the table....it must weigh a ton !

I understand your want to raise money for a personal cause.......I do...
    but that will not increase the price you could get...from a buyer who will not care why you're selling...;)

is there a good auction house in your area ?
    otherwise....it's pick up for cash only !

pearlsnblume and Malkim62 like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think I remember tables like this coming out in the 1960s-70s? Was that a lamp table ? I see a hole thru the glass and the charger,wich is a real shame.

Malkim62 likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It was a lamp at some point. I'd be looking to see if someone drilled out the marks on the ceramic.

Malkim62 likes this.
  5. Malkim62

Thank you for the help. I just want to make sure we know what we have before selling. There's actually a Hindman auction house very close. We'll definitely consider it. Probably be mush easier. Thanks again.

Dale

komokwa likes this.
  6. Malkim62

Never thought about it being a lamp table. Now that you mention it, the holes would make sense. Unfortunately. My sister couldn't take it apart by herself, too heavy. It'll probably be done by the end of the week. Thanks for the help.

Dale

7. Malkim62

Fortunately, it was not a screw through the bowl. It was only a piece of felt. Unfortunately though, it looks like a little damage underneath it. It doesn't seem to be on the top though, only the bottom. The table was built around the bowl. There's a lip keeping it in. We can spin it from underneath but can't see the mark in the center and don't know if it would be worth taking the whole thing apart to see it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Dale

table9.jpg table7.jpg table5.jpg table8.jpg table12.jpg

Boland, Potteryplease and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's a wonderful piece.........someone went to a lot of trouble to show the bowl in that way....:)

Boland, Potteryplease and Malkim62 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted