Woodblock Print

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 11, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I think I should take it out of the frame as there may be more info somewhere but just in case someone recognize the image or the style.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. kardinalisimo

Well, took it out of the frame, no signature, no nothing. I guess an amateurish attempt.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't sell it short yet. Its got a certain "look" to it. She looks like she could be African American,wich is a niche market in itself. Very 70s,kinda 'groovy' ! The more I look at it,the more I like it ! Can you get a close up shot of the picture itself ?

4. kardinalisimo

I like it too but the absence of signature makes it a hard sell. It appears that the image is all way to the edges with no border. I don't know if that is normal but if not then maybe the print was trimmed down to fit the mat. I would hate to see someone cutting the signature of the artist or any other wordings.
    Still not sure what is the picture depicting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Under that white globe with the squiggles,do I see faint letters ? Possibly an 'h' ?

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It has a bit of a 60s look. Those hanging globe lamps and it looks like she has her arm thrown over a couch arm with striped fabric and she's sitting on an ottoman or seomthing.

Draft saved Draft deleted