Featured Woolworth Santa Clause Windows Display Looking to find a value

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Waynerite, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Waynerite

Waynerite New Member

20211121_171113.jpg 20211121_171154.jpg 20211121_171145.jpg 20211121_171132.jpg Looking to find a value for this polyresin 62" Vintage Santa Clause.

Was said to be a Woolworth window display 1950's to 1970's?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2021
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NO clue, but he's SO COOL!!!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::):):)

LauraGarnet02, dude and judy like this.
  3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Yes cool vintage look.. but also borderline intimidating. I think he’ll make some children cry.

4. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Ha ha,I tested..Our 3 year old says the face is a little scary (but he is holding gifts so all good :)) Anyway the size and look is impressive (must be heavy) Don’t know anything about value but I’am sure is worth quite a bit of money (niche market and all)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm sure if you can find others that have sold then you'd have a good fair market value.....
    otherwise....... $50.....to $5000.....name your price !

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Santa is really impressive. I just love your decorated pencil pine next to him, very pretty! Do you intend to sell him? If so, it would probably be local / buyer picks up (I assume due to weight). But I could easily see someone driving a few hours to pick up this Santa! I think poster above (komo) nailed it, you can likely name your price and then negotiate from there. Where did you find him?

7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

It's anyones word that it was once a Woolworth's display. Where's the provenance?

I love Santa Claus....and have collected a few.

Please don't take offense, and it's all in the eyes of the beholder, but he is one UGLY Santa. He'd never make it to my house.

With provenance (paper work) I would buy to re-sell, and hope someone would take it off my hands.

Pretty blunt......my apologies, but he doesn't resemble good old jolly Nick. (in my eyes)

LauraGarnet02, komokwa, dude and 6 others like this.
  9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I agree with Ola on your darling tree. New term for me....pencil pine. Love it!

LauraGarnet02 and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I agree. Not the most friendliest looking Santa around.

11. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Quite agree, re "Where's the Provenance". If you can search on line for a Woolworths photo showing that same kind of Santa, that could be a big help in selling it as being in a Woolworths.

LauraGarnet02, komokwa and judy like this.
  12. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Being made of resin, I doubt this a Woolworth's display. Are there any Woolworth's left? See this as being later than the proposed dates. Doubt any earlier than the 80s and maybe decades newer.

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It has the appearance of a recent Made in China item. Certainly not vintage.

Debora

14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A vintage Woolworth Christmas window.

Debora

e3dea75563d9fd0046e69844bd23c763.jpg

LauraGarnet02, Figtree3, dude and 2 others like this.
  15. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I agree. I had that thought, too, but was waiting for OP to explain provenance.

LauraGarnet02, dude and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. Waynerite

Waynerite New Member

Haha! I drove 3 hours to buy it! Yes that was the one I purchased!!

LauraGarnet02, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  17. Waynerite

Waynerite New Member

Your getting coal in your stocking!!!

18. Waynerite

Waynerite New Member

19. judy

judy Well-Known Member

LOL!.........

When I was growing up, we had a coal fired furnace...........coal was a good thing.......then!!!!!:cat:

20. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted