Featured Worry beads? - Name for this type of sparkley beads?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by bercrystal, Mar 25, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I think this is woory bead piece & I know someone ID'd this type od bead before, but I can't remember what they were called.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Agree with Xristina, 'goldstone', which is a man made substance that incorporates copper flakes in a resin. Have read it was developed quite a long time ago & is a fairly difficult process, or was difficult to develop. There is also a blue version you don't see as much. And look like worry beads to me too.

4. bercrystal

Thanks to both of you!!

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That looks like an elastic bracelet with stretched-out elastic. They were popular for a few years; this would have cost a fair bit new. The goldstone glass has been around since Victorian times, and it's always been sold like a semi-precious stone. I'd be cutting it up for the beads, since the elastic appears shot.

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and judy like this.
  6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Bronwen and judy like this.
  7. bercrystal

Well when the buyer gets it eventually, they can resting it to make whatever they like. ;):p:D:D

I tried restringing something a few years back & it was a miserable failure. :eek::eek::bag::bag:
    I can't imaging how bad it would be if I tried it now with my fingers as bad as they are & not being able to bend the first knuckle on 3 of the fingers. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a tough job for me, but not worth the effort. No one wants the bracelets any more, the shark has been jumped, but the beads are nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted