Worthpoint help for Czech Pottery Parrot vase please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Aug 29, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Firemandk and judy like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

$152.50 (2007)

3. bercrystal

Thank you so very much once again!!! :happy::happy::happy: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

If you search Czech Parrot bud vase on ebay you can find several that are close and one that looks like it is the same base. That example is priced at $32.50 or best offer. You might try searching Czech Parrot flower frog too since these sometimes pop up under that category I was rather surprised at the Worthpoint amount because these types of vases rarely sell for over $35. There are exceptions for really rare examples and possibly for rare color combinations but I don't think that 2007 price held up very well.

bercrystal and verybrad like this.
  5. bercrystal

This is not your typical example of the Czech flower frog vase. They are usually around 4 to 5 inches while the one I have is 8 3/4" & the Worthpoint example is 9".

You are correct in that the smaller ones which I also have do not sell for more than $9 to $10 but I think these larger ones are quite scarce & will command a higher price or at least hope at least this one will. :happy::happy:

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Oh, dear, my apologies. I didn't even notice the size! You are quite right. These are very rare in that size. I completely forgot these were ever made in a large size even though I have seen just one or two over these many years. I'm sure it will do very well for you. If it's anything like Czech wall pockets the collectors go crazy. I'm sure your listing will do very well. Good luck and again my apologies.
    Don

komokwa likes this.
  7. bercrystal

@dgbjwc - do not give it one more thought or concern!!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

I figured you had missed the size of the pieces when I read your post. :happy:

I bought this a couple of months back & had never seen one so large. I was also shocked by the lack of damage to the piece. The small Czech pieces are usually a bundle of nicks, chips & breaks. ;) :rolleyes::p:oops:

I have looked ever since I got it for something similar with no luck. I started playing around with my search words eliminating & adding different ones a few days ago. That is how I stumbled across this Worthpoint listing. I would never in a million years think to call it a "spill vase". :wideyed:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Spill vase didn't cross my mind either. After my response I thought I'd better check my bud vase/flower frog cabinet and found these two. They are the smaller 5 1/2" examples but happily perched upstairs!

IMG_20210831_160233440.jpg

bercrystal likes this.
  9. bercrystal

Those are wonderful!! :happy::happy:

I have never seen a yellow or a blue one of these & had no idea they came in colors other than the typical red. :wideyed:

dgbjwc and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those look more like budgies. ;)

bercrystal, komokwa and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted