Featured Wot I did at the weekend

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ownedbybear, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The bloke who sells stuff at scrap was there again. So the coin brooch was a whole 2.50 and the big filigree a fiver. Different person sold me the fern, circa 1913 for a whole four pounds. The malachite, another seller thought wasn't silver. Duh. Same person sold me the carved pendant and the teeny tiny ring, which I would love @Any Jewelry to look at please. Five quid with a silver hand mirror thrown in.

Modern "coral" ring was two, and everything else fifty pence a pop. I know how to spend!

P1190713 small.JPG P1190712 small.JPG P1190681 small.JPG P1190726 small.JPG P1190682 small.JPG P1190727 small.JPG P1190710 small.JPG P1190686 small.JPG P1190685 small.JPG P1190711 small.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Nice haul. The 'malachite' cabochon is glass, I did come across who made them but it was a long time ago, if I can recall I will post the name. There's more work in the making of the glass cabochon than would be for polishing a real malachite stone.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Which one is the teeny tiny ring, obb?
    (No promises though, brain malfunction:hungover:)

kyratango and PepperAnna like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The ring with the lovely silver swirls? Don't know, can only think of Java meets AH.:playful:

6. Ownedbybear

Yup, you can see the malachite is glass from the back. You do have to wonder why!

@Any Jewelry - yes, the ring with the silver swirls and the two stones. The front is a decent size but the band is minute. I've no clue. ;)

7. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

If I remember right in the 1970/80's malachite for making jewelry,etc. got scarce do to the mines in Africa sending everything to the refiners for the copper content.

KSW and PepperAnna like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That and some German johnnies no doubt took it as a challenge. The ring really does look like it's straight out of Bali.

KSW, kyratango and PepperAnna like this.
  9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I like the Fern.
    Somewhere I have cufflinks with glass malachite cabochons that are marked Germany. I’d have to dig them out to see how similar they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted